Skip to MAIN HEADING of this page, view or download a PDF version of this Web page's main contents (including associated hyperlinks), or jump to this page's Major Navigation Hyperlinks.
Need immediate assistance? Call (859) 261-5908 to immediately reach Raymond Sonoff, President of Sonoff Consulting Services, Inc. (Scsi), 271 Saxony Drive, Crestview Hills, KY 41017-2294 USA. ... or send an e-mail message to "info AT sonoffconsulting DOT com" to get answers to your specific questions.
Major Headings for Scsi's Other Web Sites Page
NOTE: Relevant hyperlinks are included within the associated paragraphs to make your browsing session productive and all the more enjoyable.
Keeping Things in Perspective
Continual success in life is reflected in great part by being able to readily and effectively address whatever day-to-day business or personal matters that arise -- something which can always be aided by learning how to increase our individual and collective productivity and/or knowledge transfer processes and actions.
No one can be an expert at everything, and each of us should continually search for new and better ways of doing things. Finding out more about products and services offered by numerous other productivity-related companies is another facet of what Scsi enjoys sharing with anyone who visits the Scsi P&KT Web site.
Once you have finished browsing through the productivity hyperlinks, as well as any other included hyperlinks that you'll encounter within the Scsi site, you are heartily encouraged to expand your vistas and garner additional insights from other professionals in their respective fields.
Choose from among the hyperlinks provided on this Web page to begin this process. Scsi's general recommendation is that you set aside some time to visit each of the Web sites cited here for noteworthy productivity-related resources.
Why does Scsi make these "go elsewhere" recommendations?
This suggestion is made for two reasons in particular:
- The content presented will be centered around a particular area of expertise
- More specific or up-to-date information will almost always be found at primary sources.
What are some Web sites recommended by Scsi for visiting?
Go visit additional Web sites, such as those associated with the categories listed below.
Business Transactions, Analytics, and Cross Platform Development Tools
IBM describes Cognos software, services, best practices and support. On the Web page, you'll read: "More than 23,000 leading companies and organizations around the world choose Cognos performance management solutions. Use business intelligence software to understand performance and make better decisions. Use financial performance management software to set targets and allocate the resources to achieve them."
SAS provides on their "Products & Solutions" Web page basic descriptions of and useful hyperlinks to SAS products and solutions:
- Solution Lines
- Data Integration
- Business Intelligence
- Enterprise Intelligence Platform
- Government and Education
- Product Index A-Z
Consulting and Entrepreneurship
- Greg Balanko-Dickson helps people from all walks of life to start, buy, or expand a business. Be sure to visit Greg's Dream It Forward Web site to learn more about his qualifications and perspectives in business-related matters.
- The GuerillaConsulting Web site has the well-known team of Jay C. Levinson and Michael McLaughlin as its source for the numerous cited "Proven Guerrilla Marketing tactics specifically designed for consultants" that are outlined there. If you are truly serious about becoming a successful consultant by marketing yourself effectively in this highly competitive field, Scsi recommends that you immediately buy, read, and conscientiously apply the marketing principles detailed in their excellent book entitled, Guerilla Marketing for Consultants. Once those steps are addressed and underway, you must also remember to continuously review your various marketing activities with what is presented throughout the various chapters of this book -- just to be sure that you stay on track toward achieving your specific goals over time.
- Julie Jansen for motivational speaking, career coaching, and management consulting services
- Rhonda Abrams states on her Web site: "At The Planning Shop, we are business planning specialists. Our flagship product is the top-selling business plan book, The Successful Business Plan: Secrets & Strategies by Rhonda Abrams." Scsi recommends that you visit this Web site often, pore over its contents, order one or more of its books on business planning, and spend some time examining the archived Business Planning columns -- even if you think you've got all the answers. If you do this, you will definitely come away picking up more than just a few pointers here and there. This Web site is a gold mine of information.
- Roger C. Parker's NewEntrepreneur.com for marketing-related articles, newsletters, and books
- Visit One Step Further "Your Future Your Choice" Web site to learn more about Beverley Hamilton's six-step strategy for anyone interested in or already involved with the Independent Business Consulting (IBC) profession. Scsi recommends that you also look over the numerous archived issues accessible via a hyperlink in the Useful Stuff section of the Web site.
- Scarce Ideas provides information and technology consulting services with its primary focus in the areas of data analysis and pattern recognition.
- Visit springwise.com for "new business ideas for entrepreneurial minds" to (as the site states) "scan the globe for smart new business ideas, delivering instant inspiration to entrepreneurial minds from San Francisco to Singapore."
- Alan Weiss's Summit Consulting Group for consulting-related articles, newsletters, and books
- Visit The David Allen Company "A Smarter Way to Work & Live" Web site to learn all about the Getting Things Done (GTD) RoadMap that David Allen has created to help others work more effectively and efficiently.
- Edward de Bono's and Robert Heller's Thinking Managers Web site offers valuable management- and critical thinking-related insights and tips, a free newsletter subscription, and additional management guidelines and assistance that is made available on a yearly subscription basis.
- Brad Malone's Twin Star Consulting helps companies realize their corporate visions through a combination of training and development services, coaching and mentoring services, and corporate transformation consulting.
Graphics and Web Site Design and Related Services
- Scsi often makes use of the following Web site development-related software: [ CoffeeCup - HTML Editor & FTP Software ]
- Creativelatitude is a worldwide community that unites various creative disciplines for collective promotion, education and ethical business practice.
- The Gerry McGovern Web site states, "At Gerry McGovern, we develop content management solutions that help you maximize the value from your website." Scsi definitely encourages you to visit this Web site to learn more about their unique services.
- Global Vision International, Inc. offers language translation services that will help your company in addressing both International and multi-lingual market segments. On their site, they state (in part), "GlobalVision International is founded by engineers seeking to simplify the localization process. We studied the state of technology in the translation industry and realized that there is much to be benefited from recent advancements in information technology." Their slogan is "The Language of Business is the Language of the Customer!" Have a look-see for yourself as to their offered services, clients, and freebies.
- graphicPUSH is written, designed and maintained by Kevin Potts, who states on his Web site, "graphicPush was created as a resource for print and web designers, and contains articles relating to both fields, as well as business-centric articles for freelancers and business owners."
- Scsi suggests that you visit Ken Webster's Mountain Eagle Marketing (MEM) Web site to learn more about what Ken states in his opening paragraph: "Premium Custom Website Design, Search Engine Optimization, Website Maintenance and Promotion are the 4 most important ingredients for creating an effective and valuable Internet presence. Good website design includes many key Search Engine friendly features built into the design from the beginning."
- Shorewalker is a Web management site that Scsi recommends you visit for insightful commentaries about Web content management, including many in-depth articles that provide historical perspectives that are not easily found collected into a series of archives that nonetheless remain pertinent in today's times.
- Joseph (Joe) R. B. Taylor's Sites by Joe Web site contains the following statements, "The web is confusing enough already. Sites by Joe develops thoughtful websites that deliver information quickly and easily while providing a pleasant web experience to all visitors."
- XPLANE is an information design firm that develops visual maps and stories to make complex business issues easier to understand. Since 1993, XPLANE has helped hundreds of companies – from middle market to global giant – reduce complexity and increase the clarity and effectiveness of their communications, where failure is not an option. Visit their Web site to see some excellent examples of the power of graphic representation. Scsi feels that they are quite impressive and worth the look.
Ideation, Creative Thinking, and Problem Solving
- I. Lee's "A Research Guide for Students" Web Site is a free, no frills education Web site that has a stated goal of providing all the necessary tools for students to conduct research and to present their findings. Scsi recommends and encourages anyone who does engage in any form of writing to visit, browse through, and spend some time on this excellent Web site with its in-depth coverage and instructions for honing any individual's research and writing skills.
- Edward de Bono's Personal Site -- "Edward de Bono is a leading authority in the field of human thinking, the originator of Lateral Thinking, and his methods are widely in use."
- Ideation International's Web Site states on its Web site's pages the following: "Ideation International is a private, U.S.-based company founded in 1992 and headquartered in Southfield, Michigan. The company focuses on the Theory of Inventive Problem Solving, also referred to by its Russian acronym TRIZ.... The Ideation/TRIZ methodology (I-TRIZ) is based on 1) TRIZ in its "classical" form (TRIZ is the Russian acronym for the abbreviation that, translated literally, means Theory of the Solution of Inventive Problems); and 2) Advancements to TRIZ based on the practical experience of TRIZ practitioners... and ... reinvestment devoted to continuous research and U.S. adaptation of the methodology by Ideation's TRIZ scientists."
Scsi suggests that you visit their Web site to learn more about how TRIZ and I-TRIZ can help you, your company, and others work to solve problems more productively.
- Chuck Frey's innovationtools.com Web Site -- designed to help busy executives to be more innovative in their businesses
- Dennis Heindl's Nth Degree Software, Inc.'s Web Site -- offers Facilitated Thinking Products for "Helping people become better thinkers!"
- Roger von Oech's Web Site -- "Roger von Oech is an internationally recognized leader in stimulating creativity and innovation."
Systems Design, Software Development, and Training
- Applied Software Project Management is the companion Web site for the book authored by Andrew Stellman and Jennifer Greene. Be sure to visit this informative Web site if you have one or more (software) projects that you want to be sure will be managed effectively.
- The American Supplier Institute (ASI) Consulting Group Web site states that it is "dedicated to improving the competitive position of industries" and "aims to achieve high standards in Quality, Productivity, and Cost Effectiveness."
- Allen Holub provides object-oriented (Java and C++) workshops and software training, especially through the use of written materials and tailored in-house presentations.
- Scott Berkun's Web site reflects both the quality and quantity of logical thought that Scott Berkun has disseminated over the years. Scott's emphasis on addressing the customer perspective in all projects, designs, and tools is a most refreshing and encouraging one. Visit his Web site often.
- Jack Ganssle's The Ganssle Group is an excellent resource for embedded systems design-related assistance, including in-house and regional seminars, and supported by an archive of highly informative newsletters.
- Telelogic provides requirements-driven solutions to automate the development lifecycle. Notably, Telelogic supports its productivity-driven products, such as DOORS/ERS®, TAU®, and SYNERGY®, by offering highly informative webinars and a Resource Center that provides an invaluable repository of information for managers, developers, and engineers involved in advanced systems and software development.
Web Compendia and Newsletters
- Mark Hurst's Goodexperience.com is a Web site whose stated mission is to encourage the creation of good, meaningful experiences in business and life.
- Fred Langa's Fred Langa: "What comes next?" is where to visit obtain highly detailed and informative information -- all contained in his LangaList ezines/newsletters to which you can readily subscribe. Be sure to visit his Blog for more information.
- CNET's TechRepublic provides registered users with access to its library of resources, including white papers, Webcasts, and case studies. In its Topic Centers categories, you can find out more about Servers/Networking, Desktops/Software, IT Management, Network Security, Storage, Career, Enterprise Apps, Software/Web Dev, and more. In short, the TechRepublic Web site is a "must visit" for anyone who wants more information on these areas and more.
- The Internet tourbus.com: Why Surf When You Can Ride The Bus? Web Site offers you a world of information at your fingertips, and Bob Rankin and Patrick Crispen are experts at helping others in mastering the online world.
- The wikipedia.org Web Site offers you an on-line encyclopedia of information at your fingertips, and Scsi encourages everyone to visit and make effective use of this resource.
Web Site Marketing-related Services
Listed below (in alphabetical-by-Web-site-name order) are just a few companies that offer various kinds of marketing expertise, oftentimes related to Web sites.
- Bruce Clay's Web site at Bruceclay.com states (in part) that it offers "Information, tips, and helpful hints for people performing internet marketing: Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (PPC), running an analytics project, interested in e-Mail as an advertising medium, and interested in traffic through and branding activities.... Internet marketing is hard, technical, detailed work, but we offer everything you need to succeed." Scsi recommends that you visit Bruce Clay's Web site to check it out for yourself.
- Futurenowinc.com concentrates on conversion rate marketing and invented the methodology called Persuasion Architecture.™
- Larrychase.com offers marketing, consulting, and speaking services, along with an always well-written and informative newsletter from his Web Digest For Marketers Web site. Scsi recommends you frequently visit Larry's Web sites and access his numerous marketing-related articles and books, as you are certain to find a goldmine of useful information every time you do.
- Visit marketingsherpa.com if you want to access or subscribe to marketing-related articles [all written exclusively "in-house", by the way], reports, and timely marketing-related information. As their Web site states, "MarketingSherpa, Inc. is a media company publishing useful Case Studies, results data, and best practices for marketing, advertising, and public relations professionals. We also run SherpaStore, an online bookstore featuring "best of" benchmark guides, buyer's guides, event tickets, and instructional manuals for marketers." Scsi has found this Web site to be one that is worth revisiting often.
- Mikemoran.com and Global Strategies International are the respective Web sites of Mike Morgan and Bill Hunt, co-authors of the book, Search Engine Marketing, Inc.: Driving Search Traffic to Your Company's Web Site. ISBN: 0-13-185292-2, IBM Press. -- a no-nonsense book about developing and implementing a search marketing program in your business.
- As stated on their highly informative Web site, "Prophet is the go-to firm for senior executives demanding brand, marketing, and innovation investments that work harder -- and smarter." Scsi knows that you will profit from making that on-line visit often.
- Webcopyplus states, "We maintain strategic partnerships with branding, information technology and online marketing experts to ensure you benefit from leading edge webcopy techniques." Scsi especially recommends that you visit the Webcopyplus collection of articles Web page that provides an index of hyperlinks to many informative articles related to the Web, its content, and the continuing evolution of the digitally written word.
- Wilsonweb.com claims that it "offers the Web's largest source of key information about doing business on the Net."
Web Site Testing Tools and Certification Services
- Provides numerous software and hardware utility testing programs, such as SpinRite, ShieldsUp!, and LeakTest, among others
- Discusses technical details at length and explains things most clearly
- On the Paessler GMBH Web site is the statement, "We believe that good quality software should make complicated issues easy to understand and should make processes simpler, easier, and more efficient for the user."
- In particular, Scsi encourages you to examine their Web site testing and analysis tools, including Site Inspector Version 4 which Scsi uses regularly and considers to be an exemplary productivity tool for quickly assessing individual Web pages.
- Paessler GMBH's other software products include Webserver Stress Tool, Network Monitoring tools, as well as E-mail and Spam Management software.
- On Andy Halford's Total Validator Web site is the statement, "Total Validator is a free one-stop validator or all-in-one validator comprising a HTML validator, an accessibility validator, a spelling validator, a broken links validator, and the ability to take screenshots with different browsers to see what your web pages really look like."
- Scsi encourages you to examine Total Validator as a tool for quickly assessing individual Web pages.
- Be sure to visit the Total Validator Web site for further information and latest updates available. Donations to support further development are encouraged.
Lionbridge's Veritest Division
- Provides outsourced software and hardware testing services for quality assurance, load, and usability
- Offers access to an archive of highly informative reports and references
- Websiteoptimization.com's Web Page Analyzer is a free one-page-at-a-time testing service that does what is stated by the author on that particular Web page: "Test your web site speed with our free web-based analyzer. Enter a URL below to calculate page size, composition, and page download time. The script calculates the size of individual elements and finds the total for each type of web page component. Based on these page characteristics the script then offers advice on how to improve page display time and website speed." The latest version offers color-coded results to really grab your attention as to "How am I doing?" regarding the quality of your Web page, at least speedwise.
- If you or someone in your company has an interest in finding out about licensing the Web Page Analyzer tool, Scsi recommends that you visit the Licensing the Web Page Analyzer Web page for specific details about licensing matters and availability of other optimization-related services that might be applicable to your particular situation.
- What's the bottom line here? Scsi suggests that you commit a few moments of your time to give Websiteoptimization.com's "Web Page Analyzer" Web-based tool a hands-on tryout. You will undoubtedly become convince that this tool definitely fills an obvious void in quantitatively assessing a Web page's overall composition, doing so both quickly and easily, and providing a number of useful quantitative assessments, along with a summary of suggested guidelines for what improvements can and should be made as applicable.
Major Navigation Hyperlinks of Scsi's Other Web Site's Page
Skip to MAIN HEADING of this page, view or download a PDF version of this Web page's main contents (including associated hyperlinks), jump to TOP of this page, or visit the Portal, Home, Expanded Home, Graphics-based Home, About Scsi, Site Map, Productivity, Scsi's WebKISS™ Guides, Other Web Sites, or Contact Us page of the Scsi P&KT Web Site.
Web Page Validation and Contact Information
This Other Web Sites Page of Sonoff Consulting Services, Inc.'s Productivity and Knowledge Transfer Web Site was last updated, and validated -- to assure full conformance to W3C's HTML5, CSS3 and WCAG Accessibility (Priorities 1, 2, and 3, inclusive) recommendations -- and uploaded on Friday, March 8, 2013 at 2:25 p.m. ET by Raymond Sonoff, President of Sonoff Consulting Services, Inc. (Scsi), 271 Saxony Drive, Crestview Hills, KY 41017-2294 USA: Telephone: (859) 261-5908.
Remember: If you have some questions to ask, wish to request additional information about specific topics, or want to send a request for proposal, Scsi always welcomes inquiries and will respond promptly (often the very same day) once you select the hyperlinked graphic -- e-mail -- then compose and send your message to us.